This update offers a variety of new features, including a customizable epilogue, two new play modes, and performance enhancements. The epilogue aims to provide a well-deserved sense of closure with your allies, offering a personalized experience based on your choices during the adventure.
Highlights of this update:
- New epilogue: An entirely new section at the end of the game after the defeat of the the Netherbrain that aims to provide a well-deserved sense of closure with your allies.
- Two new play modes: Honour Mode and Custom Mode.
- Many performance improvements, particularly in Act III.
- Added dynamic resolution for PS5.
- Players playing on machines with low VRAM/RAM should see improved performance.
- The game is now available in Korean!
- While at camp, you can now access and manage the inventories of companions who aren’t in your active party.
- Added a brand new fight in Ramazith’s Tower if you betray Nightsong there.
- Orin’s outfit now drops as loot and is wearable by anyone.
The two new play modes, Honour Mode and Custom Mode, provide players with different ways to experience the game. Honour Mode takes save scumming off the table, while Custom Mode allows players to set a long list of parameters themselves. Additionally, performance improvements have been made, particularly in Act III, and dynamic resolution has been added for PS5. Players with low VRAM/RAM should see improved performance, and the game is now available in Korean.
Other highlights of Patch 5 include the ability to access and manage the inventories of companions who aren’t in your active party while at camp, as well as a brand new fight in Ramazith’s Tower if you betray Nightsong. Orin’s outfit now drops as loot and is wearable by anyone, with a suitably disgusting description and name.
Some other improvements include Shadowheart always being the owner of the artefact during the tutorial if she is a follower and the visual effects of becoming half-illithid affecting your eyes. Various bug fixes and tweaks have been made, with the full, unabridged patch notes available for review.
Baldur’s Gate 3 can be played on PC and PS5 and will launch on Xbox Series X/S sometime in December. The patch is now available to download.
For those eager to dive into the details, the full, unabridged patch notes can be found [here].